Our team of Italian lawyers and consultants can assist foreign clients with all aspects of conveyance related to the purchase, sale or lease of a property in Italy and its islands and Republic of San Marino. All our clients are in direct stable contact with the attorney handling their matter, receiving regular updates on the status of the transaction.
Our company has very competitive rates. Engaging our company typically means saving more money throughout the process (i.e., tax benefits, appropriate strategy, negotiations with involved parties, etc.) that is spent on legal fees.
We offer our clients a comprehensive assistance and counseling service, in most cases for a pre-established flat fee. The legal work is carried out by experienced Italian lawyers and consultants.
First – PRELIMINARY ASSESSMENT AND DUE DILIGENCE ON THE PROPERTY
Before we can move forward with the interest of a property for our clients, we conduct a detailed and thorough search and review of the current legal status of the property of interest.
This confirms all the records at the local Chamber of Commerce relative to the vendor or the owner’s financial constraints, collect and review of property information recorded in Italian public registries and finally a review of seller’s right and power to sell the property.
Once this information has been gathered we are then able to move forward.
For more information our Due Diligence, please CLICK HERE.
Second – MARKET ANALYSIS AND OPPORTUNITY SEARCH
We are located in central Italy and have connections with real estate agents throughout the country, thus, enabling us to act on behalf of foreign investors wishing to purchase property in Italy.
This time-saving solution will keep many foreign buyers free from scouring through websites, travelling to Italy, meeting with agents and attending inspections. Properties will be evaluated in terms of potential for capital gain and rental return, quality of location, the potential for renovation or redevelopment, etc.
As a result, our company will provide a detailed report, including pictures and videos of the property that will be personally inspected by our professionals.
Third – MANAGEMENT OF THE PURCHASE PROCESS
Our comprehensive consultancy service includes consultancy and management of all phases related to the purchase of a property in Italy. Your presence is in Italy is not required. Our services for this process are extensive and highly detailed, to find all information about these services CLICK HERE.
We are entirely transparent with our clients and provide detailed paperwork translated from Italian to English (or a specific language) so that our clients are fully aware of what they will be purchasing and signing off when the times comes for signatures.
Fourth – RESIDENTIAL AND INVESTMENT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Once a property has been purchased for our clients, the majority of the time our work is not complete for the Italian home that has just been purchased will not become the permanent residential homes for our clients, but more a holiday home and in some cases an investment property.
Our services extend to those who choose to use their Italian property as a holiday home or perhaps as an investment for their own property portfolios. For further information about our property management services, please continue reading here.
Contact us for any additional queries.
ON GOING REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
In the case of Italian real estate acquired by individuals or through an Italian or foreign company and rented out to third parties, we also provide highly specialized management services including: search of a new tenant upon expiration of the contract of lease, preparation and execution on behalf of the client of the rental agreement, collection of rent on behalf of the owner and management of the Italian bank, preparation of Italian tax returns (in connection with our partner accounting firm) and compliance with all tax and administrative requirements.
FINANCIAL, LEGAL AND FISCAL MATTERS COUNSELING
– Provision of counseling and legal advice on purchase tax benefits and income tax, municipal and national tax duties;
– Provision of information and legal advice regarding the Italian law applicable to Italian property purchase when the buyer is married
– Assistance in obtaining a mortgage and/or loan (“mutuo”);
We can liaise between the property owners and tenants.
Our Firm can assist you in drafting rental agreements or land management contracts. We understand the legal risk of allowing somebody into your property without a contract and are able to prepare bi-lingual rental agreement for rental purposes.
If you need to protect your rights it is advisable to use the services of an Italian expert in the real estate field that can negotiate an appropriate rental contract, its terms and conditions to meet your needs.
LEGAL DOCUMENTS AND TRANSLATIONS
– Drafting of any legal document related to the purchase of a property in Italy (Power of Attorney*, Preliminary Contract of Sale, Contract of Sale, etc.)
– Certified legal translations (e.g., contracts, deeds, certificates of the vital records, divorce decrees, dual citizenship documents, technical reports, etc.)
– Legalization for international use of any foreign document (legalization through the local consulate or Apostille Seal)
– Our firm has established procedures for people located abroad, for instance in the U.S., UK or Australia, to prepare, finalize and execute international Power of Attorney documents abroad, valid for use in Italy, completely via email and courier. Our protocol does not require the assistance of Italian Consular Offices and that makes the process more flexible and easier for our clients. Depending on the country where the Power of Attorney document has to be signed and specific circumstances, this can be carried out in as fast as 5 business days.
OBTAINMENT OF ITALIAN TAX CODE AND SET-UP AND MANAGEMENT OF ITALIAN BANK ACCOUNT
– Obtainment of Italian Tax Code that is necessary to complete all real estate transactions in Italy
– Set-up and management if Italian Bank account with cheque books and on-line access
– In-person counsel during meetings, negotiations, contracting, etc.
– Skype meetings and conference calls
– Assistance with set up and connection of utilities (electricity, water, etc.)
– Assistance regarding insurance contracts, security systems, maintenance agreements, etc.