A number of potential clients approach us seeking assistance with purchasing an Italian property, with a set budget in mind and an idea of where they would like to purchase Italian Real Estate. However, there local knowledge and connections with local estate agents is somewhat limited and that is where our services set us apart from other real estate lawyers.
In order to find the best solutions to satisfy our clients’ needs, as a first step our professionals generally need to know the following:
- The type of property that our clients are seeking to purchase: for instance, an apartment, a detached house, a villa, a country home, a farmhouse, or perhaps a vineyard.
- The location as to where you would like to live in Italy (near the sea, in the mountains, a particular city, or within the rolling countryside).
- The purpose of the purchase: is it to be a vacation home, a private residential home, perhaps the buyer is looking to invest in Italian real estate and therefore would prefer to seek high yields.
- The budget the client has to facilitate the purchase and all of the associated costs involved with making a purchase.
- If the buyer intends to purchase the property using cash, or will need additional finance to proceed with the purchase. While the former is favourable, the latter is achievable but it is a little bit more complicated as Italian banks can be reluctant to lend to foreign citizens, which is why, in some cases, it is simply best for the buyer to arrange a loan from their home country.
These questions will be asked to all those seeking to purchase Italian real estate, regardless of their home country (we’ve worked with citizens of Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA, Ireland, and SA).
For a flat fee or a retainer fee, our professionals will develop an in-depth understanding of our client’s requirements and search out properties ideal for the client’s profile. We can check among private real estate listings or deal with local agents, it all depends on the location and the kind of property sought by the client; if we have to deal with a real estate agent (because the property is being sold through a real estate agent) we also act as an intermediary between the client and the real estate agent. This time-saving solution will keep many foreign buyers free from scouring through websites, travelling to Italy, meeting with agents and attending inspections.
As a result, our company will provide detailed reports, including pictures and videos of the properties, which will be personally inspected by our professionals.
Furthermore, if an overseas client is interested in purchasing a property and then renovate it to their own particular taste, we source and provide budget estimations of all the required construction works so that our client can have a clear understanding of all the future costs involved at the very beginning of process.
Our property market analysis and opportunity search process can take several weeks to be fully completed, although it generally depends on how clear the buyer’s ideas about the property they are looking to purchase. Consequently, if the clients are vague in their ideas for property location, property type and budget then it may take a significant amount of time to finally complete the research to provide them with options to move forward to the next stage of the process – Due Diligence & Preliminary Assessment.
For all other questions and queries please contact our Legal Professionals.